COVID-19 Clinic and Service Updates
Last Updated 5/14/20
In compliance with COVID-19 safety measures, our schedules will be significantly lighter in patient volume. Below are the services available at this time and the measures we are taking to keep patients and staff safe.
• Safety Measures in Place
All services will comply with the City of Fresno’s physical distancing mandates. We ask that for your own protection and for that of our staff, you follow these precautions:
- Come to visits with a face mask in place.
- Wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Have any accompanying family members wait outside of the office unless their presence is absolutely necessary.
- We are asking some patients to wait in their cars while their room is being prepared. A phone call is made when your exam room is ready.
- Once inside, patients will be required to remain 6 feet apart.
• Now Offering Telemedicine Appointments
• Vitreo-Retinal Services
• Facial Cosmetic Services
Drs. Chahal and Bidar are treating patients that need essential procedures and/or surgeries. They are also available through telehealth services. For patients interested in purchasing skin care products, mail delivery or curbside pick-up is available. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Comprehensive Ophthalmology Services
Drs. Mendoza, Sakauye, and Ghajar are available to see patients for comprehensive exams, glaucoma, and corneal problems.
• Optometry Services
Our optometrists are available for urgent refractive and contact lens services. The downtown office will also be open, and our Optical Shop will resume some limited services.
3/16/20. Original Statement Re: COVID-19
As a valued patient of Eye Medical Center of Fresno and an essential part of our community, your health and safety are of the utmost importance to us, and this is why we want to reach out to you.
Like you, our thoughts and concerns are with everyone affected by the global outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). The overall safety and well-being of our patients and our fellow staff members remain our top priorities. We know that you rely on EMC to maintain your eye health, and therefore we have decided to continue all services for the time being. We are, however, constantly monitoring the situation closely, and will respond to the rapid changes as they come.
Our decision is made in accordance with health organizations and local government authorities, and is driven by our mission to improve your quality of life while maintaining the safety of our community.
To that effect, we are asking any patients, staff members, or doctors with dry cough or fever to stay home in order to prevent the spread of the virus. Furthermore, we would like to ask that you make an effort to minimize the number of family members entering our building, in order to reduce exposure risks.
We have a mandate for all employees and affiliates to consistently and thoroughly wash their hands and use hand sanitizer, and for the sake of your own health and public safety, we are asking the same from our patients.
If you plan to keep your appointments with Eye Medical Center:
- Our Herndon and Downtown locations will remain open and maintain regular office hours for now
- Please do not come to the office if you have a dry cough or fever
- Bring only necessary family members to your appointment
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer after touching surfaces
As we write this today, we want to emphasize the gravity of this global issue while offering a sense of unwavering optimism for the future. How we each respond at a time like this is a reflection of who we are and what we stand for. At Eye Medical Center of Fresno, we will continue to put our patients first and offer complete transparency as we all look forward to a healthy, confident future together.
The Staff at Eye Medical Center of Fresno
Questions? Please call (559) 486-5000